Combined EMS and OH&SMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course, based on ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 teaches students the principles, processes, and techniques used for the assessment of and management of:
- Occupational Health and Safety Hazards, Risks and Controls; and
- Environmental aspects and impacts; and
- Their significance for EMS and OHSMS auditors.
Experienced instructors guide students through the role of an Auditor in planning, conducting, reporting, and following up an audit (in accordance with ISO 19011:2011; ISO/IEC 17021:2011 and ISO/IEC TR 17022:2012 by interpreting the requirements of ISO 14001/18001.
IRCA COURSE CERTIFICATION (A17613)
This course meets the training requirements for individuals seeking registration as an Auditor/Lead Auditor under both the IRCA and RABQSA EMS and OH&SMS Auditor Certification Schemes.
Contact us to get registered at (616) 666-5490 or James.Charles@iso14001-training.com.
DETAILED COURSE BREAKDOWN
This course is a 48 hour/6 day course.
Course Start: 08:00a.m & Course Finish: 18:00p.m
Evening study will be required as part of this course. It is recommended that all delegates attending treat the course as residential.
A detailed course breakdown is as follows:
- Accreditation and Certification/Registration
- International Environmental Management System Standard ISO 14001:2004
- International Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard OHSAS 18001:2007
- Document Management Systems
- Statutory and Regulatory and Other Requirements Framework
- Incident Management, Emergency Preparedness, Crisis Management
- Processes and techniques used for the assessment of Environmental Aspects/Impacts and significance and Occupational Health and Safety Hazards, Risk, and Controls
- Environmental Aspects/ Impacts and Significance Assessment
- Occupational Health and Safety Hazards, Risk and Controls Assessment
- Introduction to Auditing
- Auditor Competence, Roles and Responsibilities and Performance
- Initiating the Audit and Preparing for the on-site activities
- Developing an Audit Plan/Scope
- Developing Audit Protocols/Checklists
- Conducting on-site audit activities
- Opening Meeting
- Review of Case Study
- EMS Simulated audit Interviews based upon EMS case study
- OHMS simulated audit interviews based upon OHSMS case study
- Audit Findings
- Writing Audit Findings including classification
- Audit Reporting
- Writing the Audit Report / Completing the Audit
- Evaluating Corrective and Preventive Actions including audit finding closure
- Audit Follow-Up Strategies
- Analyzing the audit Findings
- Final Audit Team Meeting
- Closing/Exit Meeting
- Course Summary/Continuous Assessment Report
- Examination Instructions
- Completion of IRCA EMS Examination
- Completion of IRCA OHSMS Examination