Subscribe to BLOG
2017 is the year to Upgrade your EMS to ISO14001:2015
Grand Rapids, MI • Detroit, MI • Tampa, FL • Boston, MA • San Diego, CA • Minneapolis, MN • Charleston, SC
- Elementary Neutralization: Treatment Without a Permit
- EPA Turns Up the Heat on Refrigerant Regulation
- Arc Flash Risk Management – a very real threat to your employees
- Heat Stress – keeping your employees safe
- Webinar – Identifying Risks and Opportunities from a Life Cycle Perspective
- Aerosol Can Disposal – what is required?
- ISO 14001:2015 Tool Box
- Are Universal Wastes DOT Regulated?
- ISO 45001 (Occupational Health & Safety) – Could it Lead to more Stringent Provisions Around Legal Compliance?
- OSHA final rule requires electronic injury and illness reporting, creates public database
- DOT training for CESQG Hazardous Waste Generators
- ISO 14001:2015 – Risks and Opportunities vs. Environmental Aspects
Tag Archives: OHSAS 18001
ISO 45001 (Occupational Health & Safety) – Could it Lead to more Stringent Provisions Around Legal Compliance?
It was announced this summer (in June 2016) that the publication of the much-anticipated ISO 45001 Management System Standard for Occupational Safety & Health is to be delayed by at least a year. Initially, the plan had been for the … Continue reading
ISO recently announced that ISO Committee ISO/PC 283 – Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems, has been formed with an objective to develop and publish an international standard for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) based on OHSAS 18001. The new … Continue reading
Although it is often used as a term of art in the safety field, “management of change” is not a defined term in OHSAS 18001:2007. It is, however; vital to an effective OH&S management system. Explicit requirements for management of … Continue reading
There are similarities between the requirements in the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. Section 4.3.2 of OHSAS 18001 – like Section 4.3.2 in ISO 14001 – requires that an organization establish a procedure to identify its applicable legal and other … Continue reading